Alesis DM10 Studio Kit Six-Piece Professional Electronic Drum Set description
Professional Drums, Powerful Sound
The DM10 Studio Kit is a professional, six-piece electronic drum set with the groundbreaking DM10 drum module, natural-feeling RealHead drum pads, low-noise DMPad Cymbals, and the compact, flexible StageRack. You will immediately notice the DM10’s outstanding sound quality. This new drum sound module contains authentic drum, cymbal, and percussion sounds built from real samples of classic studio drums and prized cymbals. Drummers will find some of the most in-demand acoustic drum sounds from legendary drum brands, a huge arsenal of top producers' go-to snare drums, real American, Canadian, Chinese, and Turkish cymbals, and a choice selection of classic drum machine and electronic percussion sounds that have fueled the biggest hit records.
Cutting Edge Features
- DM10 high-definition drum module with 12 trigger inputs and mixer
- Load custom third-party sound sets or control computer software, all via USB
- RealHead Kick Pad, 10-inch snare and (4) 8-inch toms (dual-zone drum pads with real mylar heads)
- DMPad cymbals: 12-inch hi-hat (with RealHat Pedal), 12-inch crash, 14-inch 3-zone ride, and 12-inch cymbal
- Compact, 4-post StageRack with integrated boom cymbal arms
- Premium sound library of uncompressed samples from real drums and cymbals
- Dynamic Articulation changes sounds' timbre along with dynamics for realism
- Play along and record yourself with the sequencer
- Mix input for practicing with CD and MP3 players
- This product is class-compliant; it does not require drivers when connected via USB
Exclusive Dynamic Articulation Technology
Discerning ears will notice that each sound is actually a series of different samples; multiple dynamic-level samples and articulations are all built in so as you play harder or softer, the drum or cymbal changes its timbre, not just its volume. This engineered realism is known as Dynamic Articulation, an Alesis exclusive. You can play with or without reverb for different room sounds and enjoy a wide variety of rimshots, rim clicks and different stick-placement sounds on the cymbals. For example, a hi-hat’s sound depends on a number of factors: how open or closed the pedal is, how hard it is struck, and other variables resulting in 40 different sounds – plus foot chick and heel splash.
The DM10 Studio Kit features Alesis’ acoustic-feeling RealHead pads in 10-inch and 8-inch sizes. The dual-zone pads feature real mylar drumheads and real triple-flanged counterhoops for the feel you demand. The snare and tom pads are dual zone, enabling you to perform rimshots, rim clicks or assign other sounds such as cymbals, gongs and cowbells on the tom rims. RealHead snare and tom pads mount on standard 10.5mm L-rods with low-slip, knurled mounting surfaces. You can use virtually any single or double kick pedal with the RealHead Kick Pad, or split the DM10's kick input with a Y-cable and connect an optional second kick pad for the pedal feel you prefer. The DM10 Studio Kit includes a set of four low-noise DMPad Cymbals. The kit includes a DMPad Hi-Hat, a DMPad Crash with choke, a triple-zone DMPad Ride with choke, and a DMPad Cymbal. DMPad Cymbals provide a rubberized playing surface for a great balance between natural cymbal feel and low stick-on-pad sound. The Ride and one Crash cymbal feature large choke triggers on the undersides for accurate cymbal control. The DMPad Ride also features multi-zone triggering on the bell, face and edge. The DMPad Hi-Hat Cymbal and RealHat Pedal give you continuously variable control from wide open to tightly closed.
Load New Sounds Easily via USB, Load-In For the Gig Made Easy
The DM10 module not only has a breathtaking collection of sounds onboard, it is also the world's first drum-sound module that enables you to load new sound sets via USB connection from your computer. This means that your sounds will always stay fresh, current and cutting edge. You can also use the DM10 as a trigger-to-MIDI interface for performing and tracking with software drum modules such as BFD, Toontrack and Reason, among others. For practice, you can play along with the tracks in the DM10’s internal sequencer, mix in a smartphone other MP3 player and play along. The DM10 module has 12 trigger inputs, perfect for creating custom configurations. The DM10’s top-panel mixer gives you easy access to creating custom mixes.
The StageRack is the backbone of the DM10 Studio Kit. With its rugged four-post design and tough 1 1/2-inch tubing, the StageRack provides supreme stability under the most serious drumming duress. The StageRack's clamps, mounts, and integrated boom cymbal arms are all fully adjustable with plenty of flexibility to securely fasten your drums, cymbals, and module exactly where you want. You won't need tools to make most adjustments so you can spend less time setting up and more time rocking out. Large enough to easily accommodate additional drums and cymbals – even acoustic drum, cymbal, and percussion instruments – the StageRack still takes up only a fraction of the space of an acoustic kit.
User reviews for Alesis DM10 Studio Kit Six-Piece Professional Electronic Drum Set -
Alesis DM10 Studio Kit Six-Piece Professional Electronic Drum Set features
- Premium electronic drumset with DM10 high-definition drum module
- High-definition sound library of uncompressed samples from real drums and cymbals expandable via USB/MIDI for controlling software instruments and modules
- Exclusive Dynamic Articulation technology changes the drum timbre with changes in playing dynamics for hyper-realistic feel
- RealHead snare, tom and kick pads use real mylar heads for authentic sticking and rebound
- Dual-zone 8-Inch and 10-Inch pads, and Triple-zone ride cymbal exponentially expand expressive playing freedom
- DM10 drum module features mix input for practicing with an external audio source, on-board mixer lets you dial in the perfect drum levels